Q: Can you travel if you was indicted? My trial was continued and they gave no specific date when it was continued to I want to know can I travel because I want to go see my family for Christmas. Im not fleeing I will be back I just dont want to get in trouble.
For questions involving state laws, lawyers who are licensed in the same state as the asker are often able to provide more relevant answers than out-of-state lawyers.
For questions involving federal laws (e.g., immigration or patents), this distinction is unimportant.
” href=”http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-you-travel-if-you-was-indicted–1982814.html#!” rel=”nofollow” style=”-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; border-bottom-color: rgb(118, 123, 124); border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(118, 123, 124); border-top-style: dotted; border-top-width: 1px; color: #767b7c; display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.2em; text-decoration: none; transition: all 0.3s ease;”>Licensed in FL
If you wish to travel outside of the area, and if you wish to do so lawfully and properly, then you (actually, your lawyer) should file a formal motion for permission (“leave”) to travel with the court, with notice to both your your bond agent and the State.
If you do this formally, providing your proposed travel itinerary (i.e. travel dates, mode of travel, with whom you are traveling, where you will be staying, the purpose of the trip and means to contact you) then, unless you present some serious flight risk, or unless your bondsman has a problem with your proposed travel, then I cannot fathom a Judge not permitting you go to see and spend some time with your family, most especially during the Christmas season (note though that the Judge is free to say “no”).
If you go without permission and get caught (which can happen in any of a number of ways) then your bond can be revoked, so I do not recommend rolling those dice.
Do it right – better yet have your lawyer do it right – and enjoy a happy, healthy and free holiday season with your fam.
I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.
Michael A. Haber
- SD Man Strangles and Cuts Off his Pregnant Girlfriend’s Nipples with Scissors during Horrific Domestic Violence Incident ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- A US Citizen is Arrested 2,000 yards inside of the US for Using a Drone to Smuggle 13.5 lbs of Meth across the Mexico Border~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- FL Mother & Daughter Duo are Arrested in Police Sting Op for Operating an Erotic Massage Parlor out of the Carport of their Sarasota Home ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- Woman Posts a Real Time Video of Sexual Assault to Snapchat leading Cops to Locate and Arrest her Rapist ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- Mother Arrested for Child Abuse after Slapping, Beating with a Belt and Tasering her 5 y/o Son who’s School Performance was not up to Par ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1