Q: Right to a speedy trial? What can I do if my son is sitting in jail on a VOp for 19 Months without a trial? Mb son violated his probation. It Was reinstated and revoked after 1 year after a new prosecutor on the case decides he should not be out on bond. he has been sitting in jail now ,Its 19 months and no trial date.
For questions involving state laws, lawyers who are licensed in the same state as the asker are often able to provide more relevant answers than out-of-state lawyers.
For questions involving federal laws (e.g., immigration or patents), this distinction is unimportant.
” href=”http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/right-to-a-speedy-trial—————what-can-i-d-1920470.html?answered=true#!” rel=”nofollow” style=”-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; border-bottom-color: rgb(118, 123, 124); border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-top-color: rgb(118, 123, 124); border-top-style: dotted; border-top-width: 1px; color: #767b7c; display: inline-block; font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.2em; text-decoration: none; transition: all 0.3s ease;”>Licensed in FL
Michael HaberLearn more. ” href=”http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/right-to-a-speedy-trial—————what-can-i-d-1920470.html?answered=true#!” rel=”nofollow” style=”-webkit-transition: all 0.3s ease; color: #006699; text-decoration: none; transition: all 0.3s ease;”>PRO
I am not trying to be insensitive or rude, but (as you should have discerned by now) no one else in the system – not the Judge, certainly not the prosecutor and to some degree not even his PD – is going to do anything to speed up your son’s case, much less effort at moving Heaven and Earth in his interests.
I am not knocking his PD. In fact, when it comes to the subject of PD’s I am adamant that although they generally cannot afford to offer up the time and personalized attention that a private lawyer brings to the table (albeit at a price), PD’s are almost all excellent attorneys, generally being extremely well-versed in both the law and their courtrooms.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not easy to either get hired as, or to remain employed as, a PD. It takes brains, ethics, effort and commitment. It is an often times thankless job and attorney’s who are not committed to it simply do not last. For those who do, however, their client’s benefit not only from the day-to-day knowledge of their individual courtrooms (including but not limited to knowing the tendencies of their Judge, their prosecutors and the other instrumental court personnel) but also from the vast resources that the PD brings to the table (investigators, experts, etcetera) without further expense to the client.
Still, if you want speed (no lawyer can guarantee results, only quality of effort) then you must find a way to go private.
I hope that I have been helpful in answering your question.
Michael A. Haber
- SD Man Strangles and Cuts Off his Pregnant Girlfriend’s Nipples with Scissors during Horrific Domestic Violence Incident ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- A US Citizen is Arrested 2,000 yards inside of the US for Using a Drone to Smuggle 13.5 lbs of Meth across the Mexico Border~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- FL Mother & Daughter Duo are Arrested in Police Sting Op for Operating an Erotic Massage Parlor out of the Carport of their Sarasota Home ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- Woman Posts a Real Time Video of Sexual Assault to Snapchat leading Cops to Locate and Arrest her Rapist ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1
- Mother Arrested for Child Abuse after Slapping, Beating with a Belt and Tasering her 5 y/o Son who’s School Performance was not up to Par ~ Call Michael A. Haber, Esq. @ 1-888-SHARK-8-1